Database engineer for Industrial AR
RemoteAveiro, Aveiro, PortugalR&D
KIT-AR is redefining quality assurance in Industry 4.0, being at the forefront of the digital augmentation of workers to reduce the cost of poor quality in manufacturing. We target the hard complex challenges faced everyday by workers on the shopfloor that affect the economic, environmental and social sustainability of manufacturing.
We are seeking a talented, creative and motivated data engineer who not only understands how to extract knowledge from data, but is fully capable of building the necessary infrastructure to deliver those insights.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in database design, management and data engineering, enabling them to bridge the gap between data infrastructure and data models.
As a Database Engineer, you will have the ability to design and build robust data systems, ensuring seamless integration between data pipelines and the underlying infrastructure.
- Maintain and evolve database design for KIT-AR platform;
- Design and implementation of data integration strategies for industrial customers;
- Design and implement data processing pipelines for heterogenous data streams coming from sensors and workflows and correlating this with static context information.
- Develop data and process analysis methods either adapted from off-the-shelf systems or develop novel ideas.
- Work with business stakeholders to evaluate the usefulness and suitability of our data and process analysis methods.
- Assure that data is cleansed, mapped, transformed, and otherwise optimised for storage and use according to business and technical requirements
- The ability to automate tasks and deploy production standard code (with unit testing, continuous integration, versioning etc.)
- Load transformed data into storage and reporting structures in destinations including data warehouses, indexes, real-time reporting systems and analytics applications
- Keep abreast of current developments in the field.
- MSc in computer science with database design and management experience.
- A strong record of developing and designing systems for data processing and data analysis.
- Experience in administering PostgreSQL databases in medium-scale production environments.
- Ability to support/troubleshoot data pipelines based on common ETL techniques.
- Experience in structured database migration tooling and pipelines (preference for Liquibase).
- Experience with processing and analysing different types of data such as industrial IoT data from sensors and machines, spatio-temporal data from sensors, and discrete event data.
- Solid development practices, stable and clean coding, software design patterns, knowledge of CI/CD techniques;
- A strong record of working with common data processing, data storage, data analysis and data visualisation systems such as, for example, Kafka, Spark, Flink, PostgreSQL, Timescale, Superset, PowerBI, or others.
- Preference for experience with cloud environments (Azure, AWS);
- Confident and concise communication skills, with the ability to drive alignment, collaboration, and efficiency within teams
- Goal driven, enthusiastic, creative thinker and problem solver;
- Good communication skills and ability to thrive in diverse remote-first teams;
How To Apply
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis.
E-mail us (apply) your curriculum vitae and include "Database for Industrial AR" in the subject line.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties with the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us